Systems Software Engineer, Open Source
Heptio is a brand new Seattle based startup in the systems infrastructure space. Our mission is to make mainstream enterprise more efficient in how they build teams and use physical resources. Our approach is based on experiences a at Google and other first tier software companies.
While at Google, the Heptio founders (Craig McLuckie and Joe Beda) started an open source project called Kubernetes. Kubernetes is a "container orchestrator" that enables IT organizations to offer API driven services to their organization along with drive up resource utilization. It is also a fast-growing open source community and the "seed crystal" for a groundbreaking set of technologies.
Heptio is based in Seattle but is also open to people who want to work remote. For now, we are restricting this to the Americas under the theory that time zones matter more than distance. In addition, experience effectively working remote is highly desired.
We are looking for extraordinary engineering talent to continue the mission to bring Kubernetes to enterprise developers and beyond.
What you'll be doing...
- Working with and growing your stature in the Kubernetes open source community.
- Building distributed server side systems and developer tooling in Go.
- Listening to users in order to make complex technologies usable.
- You can collaborate on a team to build, review and help design high quality code.
- You've demonstrated the ability to effectively work independently.
- You are passionate about working with new technology to make many people happier every day.
- You are thoughtful about user experience, especially for other engineers.
It would be nice if...
- You've worked on or with technologies that make up the new "cloud native" stack. This would include Kubernetes, Docker, Mesosphere, Go.
- You have experience at multiple parts of the stack to better understand our customers.
- You have previously worked in a large enterprise setting (again, for customer empathy) yet yearn for the opportunities provided by a startup.
Important: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. We want to embody the change we need in our industry.